Geochemical Solutions International was established in 1998 to provide the oil and gas industry geochemical technology for use in the exploration, production, refining, transportation and marketing of natural hydrocarbon resources. Our objective is to offer focused, cost-effective, technical solutions that address our client’s needs while setting the standard for quality, customer service, and business ethics.
In addition to providing routine technical service in association with high-quality laboratories such as Stratum Reservoir (formerly Baseline Resolution Labs), Geochemical Solutions has conducted more than 50 non-exclusive multi-client and/or exclusive proprietary projects for assessment of both offshore and onshore areas in Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Trinidad, the Greater Caribbean and elsewhere in Latin America. These projects, which have been widely subscribed by the energy industry, were designed to evaluate hydrocarbon charge and source characteristics in order to identify petroleum systems and associated risk at the Regional, Basin, Field and Prospect scale. These projects utilized a variety of different approaches including Surface Geochemistry, Remote Sensing, Basin Modeling, Crude Oil, Source Rock and Integrated Studies.
Download About GSI 2023 PDF here.
GSI Brasil – Since its incorporation in 1999, GSI Brasil Ltda. has been pivotal in allowing its parent company, Geochemical Solutions International, Inc. (GSI), attain a significant market presence in Brazil by conducting non-exclusive, multi-client projects in support of hydrocarbon exploration. GSI Brasil was one of the first companies authorized by the Agencia Nacional do Petroleo (ANP) to collect non-exclusive geochemical data for all Brazilian basins. GSI Brasil continues to conduct studies in Brazil and supplementing the geochemical data base resulting in a portfolio of over 40 projects in diverse technical areas.
- 2000+ piston cores to detect seabed hydrocarbon seeps
- Satellite imagery to identify oil slicks related to seeps
- 2800+ soil gas samples to detect subsurface hydrocarbon accumulations
- Seabed heat flow measurements to characterize subsurface thermal regimes
- Integrated Studies of the Cabo Frio Area
- Integrated Study of Great Campos Basin utilizing 2D seismic Data from Western Geco/TGS
- Integrated Study of Brazil combining Geochemistry with Gravity and Magnetic Data from DIGS/GRIZGEO (MARIMBA)
- Potiguar Basin Oil Study (125 oils representing all fields and producing horizons)
- Sergipe-Alagoas Basin Oil Study (70 oils from all fields and producing horizons)
- Regional Study of Crude Oils and Source Rocks from the Central Margin Basins
- Diamondoid Study of Crude Oils from the Great Campos Basin
- Neuquén Basin Argentina Oil Study (140 oils from all fields and producing horizons)
- Greater Caribbean Oil Study (500+ oils)
- Columbus Basin Trinidad Integrated Study (300+ oil, gas and piston core samples)
- Southern Trinidad Integrated Study (140+ oil samples from all fields)
- Gulf of Mexico Shelf Regional Oil Study (500 oil samples)
- 1D, 2D and 2.5D basin models to simulate hydrocarbon generation and migration
- Regional Petroleum System Study of Brazilian Marginal Basins (180 oils/11 basins)
- Campos Basin Oil Study (155 crude oils from all fields and producing horizons)
- Santos Basin Oil Study (33 oils representing all fields and producing horizons)
- Espírito Santo Oil Study (45 oils representing all fields and producing horizons)
- Regional Study of Source Rocks from the Campos, Santos and Espírito Santo basins
- Biostratigraphic Study of Source Rocks from the Great Campos Basin
- Regional Study of Crude Oils and Source Rocks from the Equatorial Margin Basins